I clipped this recipe from Taste of Home magazine several years ago and have found it to be the best-tasting easy beef and broccoli stir-fry. It is credited to Ruth Stahl. I often use charcoal chuck steak, which is very tender and lean. I also like that it doesn't call for any unusual ingredients.
by Chris from Kansas
1. In a bowl, combine 2 tablespoons cornstarch, 2 tablespoons water and garlic powder until smooth.
2. Add beef and toss.
3. In a large skillet or wok over medium high heat, stir-fry beef in 1 tablespoon oil until beef reaches desired doneness; remove and keep warm.
4. Stir-fry broccoli and onion in remaining oil for 4-5 minutes.
5. Return beef to pan.
6. Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger and remaining cornstarch and water until smooth; add to the pan.
7. Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
8. Serve over rice.
25 min | 15 min prep
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (856g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 146 (22%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 16.2g||22 %|
|Saturated Fat 5.2g||26 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 6.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.4g|
|Cholesterol 93mg||29 %|
|Sodium 169.3mg||6 %|
|Potassium 2847.2mg||75 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 87.1g||26 %|
|Dietary Fiber 11.9g||47 %|
|Sugars, other 75.2g|
|Protein 49.6g||71 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 669
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.