1. Set oven to 350 degrees F
2. Mix flour and salt together in a bowl and set aside.
3. In stand mixer, cream butter and the sugar together until it's fluffy, ~3 minutes.
4. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each.
5. In a small bowl, whisk the food coloring, cocoa powder, and vanilla together until no lumps remain. Add to mixer slowly-- this will splatter and stain!
6. Add in one third of the flour mixture, mix until combined, then add in one third of the milk. Mix until combined and repeat adding in the flour then milk.
7. In a small bowl, add the baking soda to the vinegar. Mix well and add to the batter. Do not over-stir. The reaction creates bubbles, making it fluffy. You don't want to pop all the bubbles by stirring too vigorously.
8. Scoop batter into tins, filling them two-thirds full. Bake for 16-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Frost when cooled.
1. Whip butter in stand mixer until light and fluffy.
2. Add sugar to butter, about one cup at a time, until well incorporated.
2. Add in the cream cheese, salt, and vanilla. Mix on high speed until light and fluffy, about 1 minutes.
3. Use immediately, or refrigerate until ready to use.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (129g)|
|Recipe Makes: 24 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 257 (55%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 28.6g||38 %|
|Saturated Fat 17.6g||88 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 7.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.2g|
|Cholesterol 108.1mg||33 %|
|Sodium 332.8mg||11 %|
|Potassium 68.6mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 51.2g||15 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 50.7g|
|Protein 3.4g||5 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 468
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!