1. Melt butter in large pot over medium-high heat.
2. Sauté squash and brown sugar, until slightly softened, about 15 minutes.
3. Add apples, water, cider, salt, cinnamon, sage, and cloves, bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until apples are tender, about 30 minutes. Cool slightly.
5. Working in small batches purée soup in a food processor or use an immersion blender, return soup to pot and stir in heavy cream.
6. Divide into bowls and top with sour cream and nutmeg (optional)
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (521g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 168 (34%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 18.6g||25 %|
|Saturated Fat 11.4g||57 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.8g|
|Cholesterol 53.5mg||16 %|
|Sodium 15353.9mg||529 %|
|Potassium 1259.9mg||33 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 74.4g||22 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.5g||18 %|
|Sugars, other 69.9g|
|Protein 12.4g||18 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 493
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!