Some people toast special occasions with Champagne, but here at Southern Living, we often celebrate with "Pam-cakes." Developed by our Test Kitchen's Pam Lolley, these flapjacks are deceptively light, unbelievably fluffy, and impossible to resist.
Source: southern living (my recipes.com)
1. Stir together flour and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk together buttermilk and eggs; gradually stir into flour mixture. Gently stir in butter. (Batter will be lumpy.) Let stand 5 minutes.
2. Pour about 1/4 cup batter for each pancake onto a hot (350°) buttered griddle.
3. Cook pancakes 3 to 4 minutes or until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look dry and cooked. Turn and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown. Place pancakes in a single layer on a baking sheet, and keep warm in a 200° oven up to 30 minutes.
4. Apple-Spice Pancakes HANDS-ON 40 min.; TOTAL 1 hour, 5 min., including syrup Save leftover Apple Cider Syrup for drizzling over vanilla ice cream. Cut 3 small McIntosh apples (about 5 oz. each) into thin slices, and toss with 1/4 cup sugar and 1/4 tsp. apple pie spice. Prepare recipe as directed through Step Drain apples. Pour about 1/4 cup batter onto a hot (350°) buttered griddle, and gently place 4 to 5 apple slices on each pancake. Proceed with recipe as directed in Step Serve warm with Apple Cider Syrup. Makes about 20 pancakes
5. Chocolate Chip-Toasted Pecan Pancakes HANDS-ON 35 min., TOTAL 40 min. Add a generous dollop of whipped cream for an unexpected dessert. Prepare recipe as directed in Step Pour about 1/4 cup batter onto a hot (350°) buttered griddle, and sprinkle each pancake with 1 Tbsp. dark chocolate chips and 2 tsp. finely chopped toasted pecans. Proceed with recipe as directed in Step Top with powdered sugar and shaved chocolate. Makes about 20 pancakes
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (249g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 594 (78%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 66g||88 %|
|Saturated Fat 40.5g||203 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 17.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.9g|
|Cholesterol 307.8mg||95 %|
|Sodium 1365.8mg||47 %|
|Potassium 255.9mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 32.8g||10 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4 %|
|Sugars, other 31.9g|
|Protein 12g||17 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 763
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!