It's so good you only need say 'The Sausage Dip' and everyone will bow to you! Sausage and cream cheese make up this dip that is great with chips, crackers, on a burger, by itself, hot, or at room temp. You cannot got wrong bringing this to a party. Your friends will hover around the dish until it's gone!
-Brown sausage in a medium/large skillet, drain and crumble, return to skillet
- Add cream cheese to sausage and stir until completely melted (if to think, add a small bit of milk)
- As cream cheese is melting, add salt, pepper, crushed red pepper flakes, and garlic powder to taste
- Pour mixture into a small/medium casserole dish
- Sprinkle top with shredded cheese of your choice (1/2 cup is just an estimate, use as much as you want)
- Put in oven preheated to 375 degrees for about 10 minutes to melt shredded cheese
- Serve with chips, crackers, or whatever you'd like.
I prefer Jimmy Dean Hot Sausage. Also don't go cheap on the cream cheese and use an off brand. It just doesn't melt as well or taste right. Go with Philadelphia. The sausage and cream cheese are really the only things you need to have exact measurements of, everything else is just to your liking. If you don't like things to spicy you can leave out the red pepper flakes or just use regular sausage.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (966g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 2612 (84%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 290.2g||387 %|
|Saturated Fat 135.9g||679 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 96.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 23.4g|
|Cholesterol 870.7mg||268 %|
|Sodium 5056.5mg||174 %|
|Potassium 1962.2mg||52 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 24.6g||7 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 23.9g|
|Protein 106.1g||152 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 3125
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.