1. Put the egg yolks and 130g of granulated sugar in a bowl and beat with a whisk until they are creamy and form pale ribbons.
2. Bring the milk to the boil in a saucepan, then add it to the beaten yolks, trickling it in slowly and steadily and mixing it in with the whisk.
3. Melt the chocolate in the upper half of a double boiler, then pour it into the bowl containing the egg yolks and milk mixture, mixing it in thoroughly with the whisk.
4. Add and mix in the cocoa.
5. Transfer the contents of the bowl to a saucepan, turn the heat to medium, and stir with a wooden spoon (silicon spatula) until all components of the mixture are well amalgamated.
6. Put 2 tbsp of sugar in a saucepan with 2 tsp of water, turn the heat to high, and melt the sugar until it is dark brown. Add it immediately to the egg and chocolate mixture, mixing it in thoroughly with a whisk. If it crystallises, don't worry as it will dissolve as it is whisked.
7. Transfer the mixture to a bowl. When it is cool, place the bowl in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes. Put the mixture in your ice cream maker and proceed according to the manufacturers instructions.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (71g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 75 (34%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 8.4g||11 %|
|Saturated Fat 4.4g||22 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.7g|
|Cholesterol 145.4mg||45 %|
|Sodium 27.4mg||1 %|
|Potassium 107mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 33g||10 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 32.4g|
|Protein 3.8g||5 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 220
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!