1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and saute 5 minutes until slightly softened but not browned. Whisk in flour; cook 2 minutes until blended. Slowly whisk in milk. Cook, whisking constantly, until mixture bubbles and thickens. Remove from heat; stir in salt, pepper, then mozzarella and cheddar cheeses. Stir until cheese melts and sauce is smooth; set aside.
3. Stir pasta into boiling water. When water returns to a boil, cook 2 minutes less than time suggested on package. Drain well. Stir in pasta to cheese sauce. Add spinach and stir until spinach is wilted and evenly mixed. Pour into prepared baking dish.
4. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on on top.
5. Bake about 30 minutes until browned on top. Cool 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with parsley.
Planning tip: Prepare through Step 3 up to 1 day ahead. Refrigerate uncovered. Bring to room temperature before topping with Parmesan cheese and baking.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (771g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 50 (11%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 5.6g||7 %|
|Saturated Fat 3g||15 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.5g|
|Cholesterol 18.9mg||6 %|
|Sodium 152.6mg||5 %|
|Potassium 1206.7mg||32 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 91.3g||27 %|
|Dietary Fiber 12.7g||51 %|
|Sugars, other 78.7g|
|Protein 15.8g||23 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 462
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!