1. Squeeze the extra moisture out of the tofu and let it drain for at least 30 minutes. When dry, cube it.
2. Preheat the oven to 400. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or silat mat.
3. Put the cubed tofu in a bowl and drizzle with 1 T. olive oil and 1 T. Soy sauce. Stir gently. Then sprinkle with the cornstarch and stir again until no white starch is visible.
4. Turn the prepped tofu onto the baking sheet and let it bake for 25 minutes, stirring it midway through, until evenly browned.
5. When the tofu is ready, heat the sesame oil in the big skillet or wok until hot. Add the ginger, garlic, scallions and pepper flakes. Cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
6. Add the tofu to the skillet. Combine gently but thoroughly with the ginger-garlic-red pepper-scallion mix.
7. Add the brown sugar to the skillet and stir. Then pour in the rice wine and soy sauce.
8. Bring the liquid in the skillet just to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer until the sauce has reduced and started to thicken, about 15 minutes.
9. Turn off the heat, add the basil and stir to combine. Serve immediately atop white rice.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (927g)|
|Recipe Makes: 2 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 266 (40%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 29.6g||39 %|
|Saturated Fat 4.2g||21 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 10.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 12.6g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 128.7mg||4 %|
|Potassium 3241mg||85 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 62.4g||18 %|
|Dietary Fiber 9.9g||40 %|
|Sugars, other 52.5g|
|Protein 32.3g||46 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 665
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!