TIP: Clean your coffeemaker at least once a month to flush out mineral deposits left by water that can clog your coffeemaker.
Frequency of cleaning will be affected by water hardness. If you live in a hard water area, you may have to clean the coffeemaker more frequently.
Excessive steaming or a prolonged brewing cycle are signs that cleaning is needed. If your coffee maker is mounted, remove it from the mounting brackets and place on the counter to clean, since during cleaning, more steaming occurs than when brewing coffee.
1. Pour 1 quart of white vinegar into the reservoir; add cold water up to the 10-cup line and replace reservoir in coffeemaker.
2. Put a paper filter in the filter basket; put basket into place. Set the carafe on the keeps-hot plate.
3. Turn the coffeemaker on.
4. Let 1/2 the cleaning solution drip into the carafe, then turn the coffeemaker off.
5. Cool for 15 minutes.
6. Turn the coffeemaker on again and let the remaining cleaning solution drip into the carafe.
7. Turn the unit off; discard the cleaning solution and filter.
8. Fill the reservoir with cold water to the 10-cup line.
9. Repeat steps 2-3.
10. Let all the water drip into the carafe, then turn the coffeemaker off.
11. Wash and dry the reservoir, reservoir cover, grille, filter basket, carafe and lid.
12. Return the coffeemaker.
Definitely clean out your coffee maker once in a while -- it makes a big difference in the flavor.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (954g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1|
|Calories from Fat: 0 (0%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 19.1mg||1 %|
|Potassium 19.1mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 0.4g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 0.4g|
|Protein 0g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 172
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.