1. Preheat oven to 150°C and line a large tray with baking paper.
2. To make pavlovas, place 6 egg whites, 11/2 cups (330g) sugar and cream of tartar in a stand mixer fitted with whisk attachment and whisk for 15 minutes or until sugar has dissolved. Spoon meringue into 8 mound s. Place in oven and reduce heat to 100°C. Bake for 1 hour 10 minutes or until outside is crisp and dry. Turn off oven and let cool.
3. To make filling, whisk cream to soft peaks, then add mascarpone and whisk until thick and combined. In a stand mixer fitted with whisk attachment, whisk remaining egg whites to soft peaks. With motor running, add remaining 1/3 cup (75g) sugar and whisk until stiff, glossy and sugar has dissolved. Fold through mascarpone mixture in 2 batches. Chill until needed.
4. For the syrup, place espresso, Kahlúa and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Simmer for 25 minutes or until thickened. Cool completely (syrup will thicken as it cools).
5. To serve, spoon cream into meringues. Sprinkle with grated chocolate, dust with cocoa and drizzle with syrup.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (129g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 97 (27%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 10.8g||14 %|
|Saturated Fat 6g||30 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.5g|
|Cholesterol 34.4mg||11 %|
|Sodium 156.4mg||5 %|
|Potassium 134.5mg||4 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 61.6g||18 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 61.6g|
|Protein 5.5g||8 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 355
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!