1. Whisk together the eggs, flour, milk mustard and seasoning, beating out any little lumps of flour. The consistency should be that of ordinary double cream but no thinner. Rest for 15 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 220C/425F.
3. Carefully remove the skin from each of the sausages. Wrap each piece of sausage meat in a piece of cured ham.
4. Put the dripping or lard ina roasting tin and leave it in the oven until it is smoking.
5. Pour in the batter, it will sizzle softly in the hot fat, then arrange the sausages in the batter.
6. Transfer the tin back to the oven and bake for 25 - 30 minutes until puffed and golden. Serve with brown onion and madeira gravy.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (92g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 26 (17%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 2.8g||4 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.9g||4 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.5g|
|Cholesterol 93.8mg||29 %|
|Sodium 223.3mg||8 %|
|Potassium 82.6mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 24.7g||7 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4 %|
|Sugars, other 23.7g|
|Protein 6.5g||9 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 153
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!