1. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a medium sized pot over medium heat, then stir in the couscous. Toast and stir occasionally for about 5 minutes or until golden brown.
2. Stir in the vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until the broth is absorbed.
3. Meanwhile, in another medium sized pot, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil then add the zucchini and broccoli.
Stir occasionally and saute for about 10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
4. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and saute for 1 minute more.
5. Stir the garbanzo beans, lemon juice, cheese, parsley, black pepper and couscous into the veggies. Serve hot.
You could also eat this dish room temperature or cold, but I enjoy it best when it's warm.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (381g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 96 (21%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 10.7g||14 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.8g||14 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.4g|
|Cholesterol 11mg||3 %|
|Sodium 380.4mg||13 %|
|Potassium 372.3mg||10 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 74.8g||22 %|
|Dietary Fiber 11.3g||45 %|
|Sugars, other 63.5g|
|Protein 17.9g||26 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 462
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.