1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF)/ Gas 4 and grease an oven proof dish.
2. Pour 100 ml water and the granulated sugar into a pan, slowly bring to a boil.
3. When the sugar melts, reduce the heat and add golden syrup and butter. Bring back to boil and add the apples.
4. Allow the mixture to simmer gently until the fruit has softened.
5. For the crumble mixture, rub the plain flour, demerara sugar and chunks of butter together in a bowl until the mixture resembles bread crumbs.
6. Transfer the cooked fruit to the greased ovenproof dish, top with the crumble and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
7. Serve with homemade custard, fresh cream or both!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (290g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 327 (38%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 36.4g||48 %|
|Saturated Fat 21.6g||108 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 9.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.4g|
|Cholesterol 89.2mg||27 %|
|Sodium 276.8mg||10 %|
|Potassium 500mg||13 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 133.1g||39 %|
|Dietary Fiber 6.8g||27 %|
|Sugars, other 126.4g|
|Protein 9.1g||13 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 872
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.