- heat up leaves in boiling water. Just par boil them then transfer to cold water.
- In a big mixing bowl add the;
- 1/2 -> 3/4 tinned tomatoes
- chopped onion
- 1.5 lemons juiced
- tomato puree
- mint, salt and pepper.
- mix together with hands
- stuff leaves. Leaves should have veins facing up, put mix in middle, then fold sides in, tuck bottom under mix, and roll. Tight but not too tight.
- get a put, and add a little oil, some of the mix, 3 garlic cloves, rest of the tinned tomatoes, 1 chicken stock cube crumbled up, then fry off.
- and some sliced carrots and arrange these on the base to ensure leaves don't rest on bottom.
- working from out to in and layering up, arrange the stuffed leaves in the pan.
- add the rest of the lemon, and more salt and pepper.
- put a heavy play on top of the stuffed leaves.
- add 2 cups of water.
- bring to boiling point then lower heat to simmer.
- add water as needed and keep top on pan.
- should take 40mins to cook.
*(when this is going well, add potatoes).
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (123g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 4 (3%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.5g||1 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.1g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.2g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 7.5mg||0 %|
|Potassium 236.3mg||6 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 34.5g||10 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.6g||14 %|
|Sugars, other 31g|
|Protein 3.7g||5 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 142
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!