1. Slice the chicken into thin (1/4") strips. Reserve.
2. Smash lemongrass with the flat of a chefs knife and then cut into 1" pieces. Slice ginger root into thin rounds; tear lime leaves into thirds. Reserve these three ingredients together.
3. Wash and cut tomatoes into 1" chucks. Reserve.
4. Cut mushrooms into halves (or quarters, if large). Reserve.
5. Boil 4 cups of water in a soup pot. Add lemongrass, ginger, and lime leaves and cook for 1 minute.. Add fish sauce and cook for another minute. Add chili paste and reduce heat to medium. Add tomatoes and cook for 2-3 minutes until broth bubbles again. Add mushrooms and cook for another minute.
6. Turn heat to high and add chicken strips. Stir to separate the strips and cook for 5 minutes until the chicken is done, but not overcooked.
7. Add the lime juice and stir.
8. Crush the fresh chilies and cut in half. Add the chilies to the soup and turn off the heat. Top with the fresh coriander leaves and serve!
Very simple and delicious soup.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (399g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 48 (39%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 5.4g||7 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.5g||8 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.2g|
|Cholesterol 36.3mg||11 %|
|Sodium 1443.1mg||50 %|
|Potassium 393.5mg||10 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 4.8g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 3.9g|
|Protein 13.7g||20 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 122
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!