1. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, and next 7 ingredients (through broth) to a slow cooker/crock-pot. Cover and cook for 2 hours on high or 4-8 hours on low. (If you are home, give it a stir every now and then and scrape down the sides)
2. About 30-40 minutes before serving transfer soup to a blender or food processor and puree until smooth, then return to crock pot.
3. Prepare the roux. Begin by melting the butter in a medium sauce pan over medium heat.
4. Add flour to melted butter and stir until flour clumps up. Slowly whisk in the heavy cream (or half & half) until mixture is thickened and smooth. Add roux and parmesan cheese to crockpot and stir to combine.
5. Allow to cook another 20-30 minutes until cheese is completely melted. Give it a good stir before serving. Top with additional basil and parmesan cheese if desired.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (319g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 212 (71%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 23.5g||31 %|
|Saturated Fat 14.6g||73 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 6.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.9g|
|Cholesterol 74.6mg||23 %|
|Sodium 619.3mg||21 %|
|Potassium 280.1mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 15.1g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||6 %|
|Sugars, other 13.6g|
|Protein 8.3g||12 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 300
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!