1. Add tomatoes, celery, carrots, onion, oregano, basil, bay leaf, and broth to a large crock pot.
2. Cover and cook on low 5-7 hours. Until the veggies are soft and the spices have really melded in.
3. About 30 minutes before serving, make a roux. Melt the butter in a sauce pan over low heat and add the flour. Stir constantly with a whisk about 5 minutes. Keep it on low!
4. Stir in 4 cups of soup very slowly alternating with stirring until smooth.
5. Return the roux to the slow cooker and stir. Add in the parmesan cheese and warmed 1/2 & 1/2. Add some extra basil and oregano if needed. Slow cookers really do a number on spices, so give it a taste test.
6. Season with salt and pepper, stir, and heat through.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 recipe (6088g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1|
|Calories from Fat: 7676 (64%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 852.9g||1137 %|
|Saturated Fat 282.8g||1414 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 336.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 163g|
|Cholesterol 3990mg||1228 %|
|Sodium 5332.3mg||184 %|
|Potassium 9805.3mg||258 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 84g||25 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.4g||13 %|
|Sugars, other 80.6g|
|Protein 943.8g||1348 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 12006
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!