1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wash tomatoes, cut in half, and quarter.
2. Add quartered tomatoes to a roasting pan along with sliced onions, chopped basil, and half of the garlic. Drizzle with olive oil and season with Italian seasoning and salt and pepper, to taste.
3. Roast vegetables in oven until caramelized (about 20 to 30 minutes, depending on your oven).
4. Remove vegetables and cool for several minutes. Transfer to a food processor and process for about 10 to 15 seconds.
5. Meanwhile, add chicken stock, bay leaves, and butter to a large pot and bring to a boil. Add puréed tomato/basil/onion/garlic mixture and stir to combine. Bring to a second boil. Reduce heat and add cream. Taste and adjust spices according to personal preference. Serve immediately with crusty bread, or grilled cheese.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (262g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 108 (71%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 12g||16 %|
|Saturated Fat 7.4g||37 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.6g|
|Cholesterol 30.5mg||9 %|
|Sodium 94.3mg||3 %|
|Potassium 580.1mg||15 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 11.3g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.1g||12 %|
|Sugars, other 8.2g|
|Protein 2.5g||4 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 153
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!