1. In a large stock pot melt down butter and garlic over medium low heat.
2. Quarter all tomatoes and add it to one melted butter and garlic mixture, stir to coat the tomatoes in butter and garlic mixture. Let cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add all tomato juice and stir in. continue to stir occasionally let simmer for 30 minutes,
4. While waiting finely chop basil.
5.With a hand blender liquefy mixture until smooth consistency.
6. Add chopped basil and stir in, let simmer for 5 minutes.
7. With hand mixer blend again until smooth.
8. With hand blender running in soup slowing add heavy whipping cream.
9. Let simmer for 10 minutes.
10. Take off heat and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
The main thing to remember when making this is to keep the heat low, if you have it too high and try to cook it faster it will not turn out right and may taste burnt. Secondly, hand blenders are your friend If you don't have one you can pick up a cheap one for under $20 and they are more then worth it.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (321g)|
|Recipe Makes: 13 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 183 (97%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 20.3g||27 %|
|Saturated Fat 12.8g||64 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.8g|
|Cholesterol 64mg||20 %|
|Sodium 85.8mg||3 %|
|Potassium 33.1mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 1.6g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 1.5g|
|Protein 0.8g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 188
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!