Mise en place:
1. Preheat oven to 230 degrees C
2. Brunoise onion, chiffonade basil, slice bread (1cm slices on diagonal).
3. Concasse tomato.
1. Place small pot of water on to boil.
2. Wash tomato. With point of paring knife remove eye of tomato. Make a small X on the other end.
3. Blanch tomato in boiling water for 10-15 seconds. Immediately refresh in cold water.
4. Peel skins. Cut in half horizontally and remove seeds.
5. Flatten each half gently and cut into 1cm dice.
1. Mix tomato, garlic, extra olive oil, balsamic vinegar, basil, salt and pepper.
2. Brush one side of each slice of bread with olive oil and place oil side down on roasting pan.
3. Toast bread for 5-6 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
4. Arrange on platter oil side up.
5. Place tomato mix on top before serving.
Small whole basil leaves.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (439g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Serving|
|Calories from Fat: 67 (14%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 7.5g||10 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.4g||7 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.7g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 847.4mg||29 %|
|Potassium 844mg||22 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 88.2g||26 %|
|Dietary Fiber 7.1g||28 %|
|Sugars, other 81.1g|
|Protein 18g||26 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 482
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!