1. Preheat oven to 350F. Pre-bake pie shell for 10 minutes in 350? degree oven with pie weights to avoid bubbles.
2. Lightly salt sliced tomatoes and drain in colander for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes rinse and dry to make all moisture is removed.
3. Mix 2 c. grated cheese combination, mayonnaise, bacon (optional), garlic (optional), and black pepper (1/4 TSP or adjusted to your preference).
4. Layer ingredients in two layers as follows: tomatoes, basil, onion and cheese/mayo combination.
5. Finish off by adding a thin layer of parmigiano cheese on top of cheese/mayo combination.
6. Bake until browned and bubbly (25-45 minutes depending on oven).
7. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Garnish with extra basil and, if using, bacon.
** Note: this recipe is highly customizable. You can use a different cheese combination (but I love this one), add or substitute green onions for the yellow/red ones, add Italian seasoning and/or some heat (red pepper flakes or Tabasco) to the cheese/mayo mixture.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (449g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 426 (67%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 47.3g||63 %|
|Saturated Fat 18.9g||95 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 15g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 10.3g|
|Cholesterol 79.8mg||25 %|
|Sodium 19998.9mg||690 %|
|Potassium 751.3mg||20 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 34.7g||10 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.5g||14 %|
|Sugars, other 31.2g|
|Protein 20g||29 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 632
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.