1. Heat pan and olive oil on medium-high heat.
2. Season pig’s ribs with salt and pepper and brown on all sides. Remove and set aside.
3. Brown 5 sausage links, poking holes to let out juices. Remove and set aside.
4. Squeeze one link of sausage meet out of the casing and into the pan. Brown and stir with spoon.
5. Add chopped onion/garlic and season with salt, red/black pepper, and oregano. Cook until soft and sweet.
6. Add the cans of puree and crushed tomatoes as well as two cans of warm water. Mix together and add back ribs and sausage. (If adding meatballs, do so at least one hour before you plan on finishing the sauce).
7. Bring sauce to a boil and lower to a simmer. Occasionally skim the scum off the top of the sauce.
8. Cook sauce uncovered for 4 or more hours, stirring occasionally.
9. Add sauce to pasta with optional butter and fresh basil.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (656g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 649 (68%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 72.2g||96 %|
|Saturated Fat 25.8g||129 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 33.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 8.1g|
|Cholesterol 168.5mg||52 %|
|Sodium 1531.5mg||53 %|
|Potassium 2412.5mg||63 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 39.7g||12 %|
|Dietary Fiber 8.1g||32 %|
|Sugars, other 31.6g|
|Protein 40.5g||58 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 953
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.