Heat oven to 450
• Put tomato halves and carrots on a baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil over tomatoes and carrots and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
• Roast in over for about 30 minutes
• Meanwhile, in a large pot, heat olive oil in medium-high heat.
• Add onions and cook for about 3 minutes
• Add garlic and cook until golden brown.
• Set aside until tomatoes and carrots are cooked.
• Put tomatoes, carrots, onions and garlic into Vitamix and blend until smooth (leave a little chunky if you like it like that)
• Pour back into large pot.
• Add crushed tomatoes, 2 ½ cup water, basil, thyme, paprika, cayenne, seasoning, salt and pepper.
• Stir, bring to a boil then lower heat and cover (leaving a little opening).
• Simmer for about 20 minutes.
• Remove Thyme
• Serve in bowls
• Top with a drizzle of olive oil
• Goes well with Crusty Gluten free bread or make a Vegan Gluten Free Grilled Cheese.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Recipe (2610g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Serving|
|Calories from Fat: 45 (8%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 5g||7 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.8g||4 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 642mg||22 %|
|Potassium 5092.8mg||134 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 120g||35 %|
|Dietary Fiber 32.2g||129 %|
|Sugars, other 87.9g|
|Protein 22.1g||32 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 538
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!