1. Skin onion and carrots.
2. Cut potatoes into fourths, carrots and celery into ½ inch slices. Slice two ¼ inch slices of ginger root. Set aside together.
3. Cut onion into eighths. Skin and mince garlic. Set aside onion and garlic together.
4. Sprinkle beef cubes with salt and pepper then soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce.
5. In a large skillet heat up olive oil until hot add butter until melted add beef. Brown beef on all sides. Meanwhile turn on crock pot 6 - hours high. Add ½ cup of broth to pot and tomato paste. When beef is browned add to pot. Then add wine to pan scrapings and reduce. Add flour and thicken. Add remaining broth and stir until you have a thin gravy.
6. Add mushrooms onions and garlic and continue to stir. Season with salt, pepper and oregano.
7. Add potatoes, carrots, celery, bay leaf and ginger root to pot over meat.
8. After 3-5 minutes of stirring add contents of pan to pot.
9. Cover and cook.
10. After done add peas. Let warm for about 10 minutes then serve.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1001g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 534 (44%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 59.3g||79 %|
|Saturated Fat 33.6g||168 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 18g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.9g|
|Cholesterol 158.9mg||49 %|
|Sodium 517.8mg||18 %|
|Potassium 3730.9mg||98 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 147.4g||43 %|
|Dietary Fiber 20.4g||82 %|
|Sugars, other 127g|
|Protein 30.5g||44 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1219
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.