1. Wash 1 cup of toor dal in water til water is clear.
2. Add 3 cups of water
3. Add 1t. salt, 1/2 haldi, 1t. ginger
4. Cook on high heat til boiling and lower heat.
5. Cover 1/2 pot and add a little oil and let cook
6. Add 1 chopped roma tomato to dal.
7. Make tarka - Add 1/2 chopped onion to 1TB oil and brown onion.
8. Add 1/2 t. cumin seeds, 1/2t. chili powder, 1/2t. garam masala to onion and turn off.
9. Add 1/2 cup water to dal and continue to cook (add another 1/2 + 1/2 cup water as needed)
10. Cook 45 minutes.
11. Add tarka + cilantro and mix and serve.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (103g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 3 (10%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.4g||1 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.1g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.1g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 5.7mg||0 %|
|Potassium 185.2mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 8.4g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.4g||9 %|
|Sugars, other 6g|
|Protein 1.2g||2 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 31
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!