1. Cut peeled potatoes lengthwise into quarters and slice 1/8-inch thick.
2. Pour oil into 8-inch saute pan to a depth of 3/4-inch. Heat until medium-hot.
3. Carefully add the potato slices (oil may splash) and cook until they are tender. It may be necessary to lower the heat. They should not get brown.
4. Drain the potatoes in a colander with a pan under it to catch the oil. Put a tablespoon of the oil back into the saute pan and saute the chopped onions until they are soft. Drain into the potatoes. Drain the potatoes and onions well.
5. Beat the eggs in a large bowl. Add the salt and mix well. Add the potatoes and onions. Mix well.
6. Return a tablespoon of oil to the pan. Heat until hot.
7. Pour the egg and potato mixture into the pan. Turn heat to low. Use a wide metal spatula to level the potatoes. Cook for a few minutes until eggs are set.
8. Turn a large plate upside down over the saute pan. Turn the omelet onto the plate. Then slide the omelet back into the saute pan.
9. Cook for a few minutes over low heat on the second side. Slide the omelet onto a plate. Cut and serve.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (209g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 85 (38%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 9.5g||13 %|
|Saturated Fat 3g||15 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.3g|
|Cholesterol 399.7mg||123 %|
|Sodium 429.8mg||15 %|
|Potassium 604.1mg||16 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 20.5g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.5g||10 %|
|Sugars, other 18g|
|Protein 14.2g||20 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 222
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!