Preheat oven to highest temperature.
1. Sift flour and baking powder into bowl, stir through salt and sugar.
2. add diced butter and using tips of fingers blend butter and flour mix, until mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
3. Using a knife slowly and gently mix in milk until a thick, sticky dough has formed.
4. Dust bench top with flour to prevent sticking, scoop mixture out onto foured bench, and sprinkle top of mix with a little extra flour.
5. Dust hands with flour and form mixture gently into a large ball (do not overwork dough as this will lead to tough scones)
6. Using the palm of the hands carefully flatten dough to about an inch or 10cm thick round.
7. Use a smooth round glass as a cutter, dip glass into flour and cut out rounds, place on a lightly dusted oven tray.
8. Reform round and continue cutting until all pastry is used.
9. Use left over milk to brush tops of each scone.
10. Bake in oven until pale gold on top, remove and allow to cool before serving.
Serve slightly warm with a pot of tea and clotted or whipping cream, and jam.
A delightful morning tea for when the Mother-in-law calls round!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (71g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 13 (39%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 1.4g||2 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.8g||4 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.1g|
|Cholesterol 4.4mg||1 %|
|Sodium 26.7mg||1 %|
|Potassium 73.1mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 3.5g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 3.5g|
|Protein 1.6g||2 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 33
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.