1. Heat the oil over medium heat in large pot.
2. Saute the onion, garlic and bell pepper until softened.
3. Add the rice, chili powder, cumin and Chipotle Chile powder and stir for about 1 minute until rice looks opaque.
4. Add the tomatoes, chicken broth, green chiles and salt.
5. Bring to a boil, lower heat to low simmer and cover.
6. Cook for about 20 minutes stirring occasionally until rice is tender.
7. Add green onions and black beans stirring to warm through.
8. Serve with cheese sprinkled on top and a dollop of sour cream.
You can prepare the rice in a rice cooker, and then add it to the large cooking pot.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (2g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 2 (67%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.2g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.2g||1 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 0.6mg||0 %|
|Sodium 291.9mg||10 %|
|Potassium 3.8mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 0.1g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 0.1g|
|Protein 0.1g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 3
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!