Brine Prep Time – 8 Hours +- depending on how strong you like it. I have brined it for 3 hours and it turns out mild while 12 hours is infused with brine. Try different times until you get the taste you like.
Smoke Time – 45 minutes using Alder or the gourmet blend you can buy at Costco
Grill Time @ 225°f -90 minutes or so. I go more by texture than temperature. The salmon is cooked at 150 degrees but I like mine a bit dryer. Experiment with time to get the texture you like. It should hit 150 degrees though.
Ingredients: (for 1 to 2 salmon filets like you can buy at Costco) Double recipe as needed. Slice salmon into 3 or 4” fillets. I like skinless salmon but you can leave the skin on if you like.
• In a baking pan, sprinkle a thin layer of the dry mix on the bottom.
• Place your salmon, over the dry mix layer and leave about ½” between fillets.
• Using a basting brush, paint on the wet ingredients over each piece of salmon.
• Sprinkle a heavy layer of dry mix over the salmon.
• If you have more than one layer of fillets, repeat the process.
• Cover with cling wrap and let sit, in the refrigerator, from 3 to 12 hours. I like 6 to 8 hours.
• After brining, wash all brine from off salmon.
• Place salmon on baking sheet or other surface and sprinkle on any add-on ingredients like course black pepper or sesame seeds, etc. Let dry for about an hour. (I leave mine on the counter but you can place back into the refrigerator if you like.)
• Fill the pellet hopper with the desired pellets.
• Set to smoke mode and heat your Traeger like you always do. (lid open five minutes to get the fire pot going) Close the lid and let warm for another 10 minutes.
• Place salmon right on the grate. You won’t be turning it. Leave a little room between salmon pieces.
• Smoke for 45 minutes or so on smoke mode.
• Without lifting the lid, set to 225 degrees and smoke for an hour. The thin tail pieces should be done at this point so remove them if done. Close the lid and smoke for about 30 minutes more. Test a piece with a thermometer or with a fork. The salmon should be somewhat firm.
Remove from smoker and let cool in the refrigerator. Enjoy
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (174g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 0 (0%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 1422.2mg||49 %|
|Potassium 799.9mg||21 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 131.8g||39 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 131.7g|
|Protein 2.3g||3 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 521
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!