1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 (12-cup) muffin pans with foil cupcake liners, or spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a blender, (or food processor), mix all of the ingredients together, except for the chocolate chips. Blend until oats are ground and mixture is smooth.
3. Place mixture in a bowl and gently stir in 1/2 of the chocolate chips (set the rest aside). Scoop mixture into prepared muffin pans.
4. Place muffins tins in the oven for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, remove muffins from the oven (but don’t shut oven off), and distribute the other half of the chocolate chips on top of each muffin.
5. Place the muffins back into the oven and bake for an additional 2-5 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. *Note, you could skip this step by putting all of the chips in the batter, and baking the muffins for 12-15 min straight, but this method gives the muffins the traditional ‘VitaTop Muffin’ look with the chocolate chips on top!
6. Cool muffins before removing from pan. ENJOY!!!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (226g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 671 (77%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 74.6g||99 %|
|Saturated Fat 46.1g||230 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 19.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.5g|
|Cholesterol 184.3mg||57 %|
|Sodium 542.3mg||19 %|
|Potassium 462mg||12 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 51.6g||15 %|
|Dietary Fiber 8.5g||34 %|
|Sugars, other 43.1g|
|Protein 11.6g||17 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 877
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.