1. Peel potaoes in Kenwood, cut into chips 2 x 2 x 6cm, rinse under running water for 5 minutes to clear starch.
2. Place 20 grams of salt in 2 litres of water, bring to boil. Place the pan over a medium heat (about level 9-10 on induction) until the chips are nearly falling apart (18 minutes).
3. Remove the cooked chips and carefully place them on a cooling rack.
4. Stick under deep vacuum for 4 minutes - or a freeze dryer for 90 - to dry them out a bit.
5. Deep fry at 130 degrees C until a light crust forms - about 8 minutes.
6. Remove, drain.
7. Stick under vacuum for another 3 minutes to dry them out.
8. Finally deep-fry at 180 degrees C for about 7-8 minutes until golden.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (255g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 0 (NaN%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 1937.9mg||67 %|
|Potassium 0.4mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 0g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 0g|
|Protein 0g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
BigOven Pro required
Eat healthier with nutrition info.
Calories, carbs, protein, sodium, fiber and more - easily calculate from any recipe.