1. Toss the avocado with the lemon juice. Add the cucumber, cantaloupe, snipped chives, chopped dill and shallots; toss the salad gently.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons orange juice, 1 teaspoon honey and the orange zest until slightly thickened. Season with salt and pepper. Toss with the salad before serving.
3. For the marinade, combine the remaining olive oil, orange juice and honey. Brush over the salmon and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Oil the grill rack well. Place the salmon on grill, flesh-side down, 3 inches from heat source; cook 8 to 10 minutes, turning carefully after 4 minutes and brushing with the marinade. The salmon should be lightly browned and crisp on the surface, cooked through near the edges and rarer in the center. Remove to a cutting board with a large spatula.
5. Divide the salad among 4 plates. Slice the salmon into 4 equal portions and place atop each salad. Garnish each with a whole chive and a sprig of dill. Serves 4. Per serving: 515 calories; 25g carbohydrates; 38g protein; 31g fat; 97 mg cholesterol. Since there is honey in the marinade to caramelize the salmon while it cooks, be sure to oil the grill well to keep the fish from sticking.
Published in Parade Magazine 5/17/98 Submitted by Carriej999@AOL.com Recipe by: Sheila Lukins Posted to MC-Recipe Digest by Carriej999
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (457g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4|
|Calories from Fat: 215 (46%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 23.8g||32 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.6g||18 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 13.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 5g|
|Cholesterol 116.5mg||36 %|
|Sodium 168.9mg||6 %|
|Potassium 1338mg||35 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 16.6g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.5g||18 %|
|Sugars, other 12.1g|
|Protein 47.8g||68 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 468
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!