1. Place the flour for the fish in a shallow baking dish. Season both sides of each fillet generously with salt and pepper; let stand until fillets are glistening with moisture, about 5 minutes. Coat both sides of fillets with flour, shake off ALL excess, and place in single layer on baking sheet.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over high heat until shimmering, then add 1 tablespoon butter and swirl to coat pan bottom; when foaming subsides, carefully place 2 fillets in skillet, bone side down. Immediately reduce the heat to medium high and cook, without moving fish, until edges of fillets are opaque and bottom is golden brown, about 3 minutes. Using 2 spatulas gently flip fillets and cook on second side until thickest part of fillet easily separates into flakes, about 2 minutes longer.
3. Transfer fillets, one to each heated dinner plate, and return plates to oven. Wipe out skillet and repeat with remaining fats and fillets.
4. Heat the 4 tablespoons butter for the sauce in the same skillet over medium high heat until butter melts, 1 to 2 minutes. Continue to cook, swirling pan constantly, until butter is golden brown and has nutty aroma, 1 to 2 minutes; remove skillet from heat.
5. Remove plates from oven and sprinkle fillets with parsley. Add lemon juice to the browned butter and season to taste with salt; spoon sauce over fish and serve immediately with lemon wedges.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (124g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 244 (72%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 27.1g||36 %|
|Saturated Fat 12.2g||61 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 9.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.1g|
|Cholesterol 91.6mg||28 %|
|Sodium 165.5mg||6 %|
|Potassium 325mg||9 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 6.9g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 6.5g|
|Protein 17.5g||25 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 341
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.