1. In a double boiler over hot (but not boiling) water, melt 8 ounces of the chocolate pieces, which takes about 15 minutes. Remove from heat. Meanwhile, in a separate pot, bring the cream to a boil.
2. Pour the boiled heavy cream into the bowl with chocolate and stir with a wooden spoon, not a whisk. Let sit until the mixture is room temperature and smooth. Then add the soft butter and continue stirring until well blended.
3. Add the Grand Marnier or liqueur of your choice. Let the mixture sit at room temperature for 40 minutes or until chocolate becomes smooth and firm like frosting, stirring occasionally.
4. Using a pastry bag with a #5 tip, squeeze the mixture onto wax paper, making individual chocolate truffles -- about the size of large candy kisses. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
5. Remove the chocolates from the refrigerator and roll them one by one between your palms until they're roughly rounded.
6. Melt the remaining 4 ounces of chopped bittersweet chocolate over a double boiler and pour it into a large, wide bowl. Sift the cocoa powder into another bowl.
7. Use a fork to lift one of the chocolate truffles and dip it into the melted chocolate, rolling it all around. Remove the truffle with the fork and roll in the cocoa powder, coating it all over. Place on a baking sheet lined with wax paper. Chill for a minimum of 30 minutes.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (24g)|
|Recipe Makes: 36 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 51 (48%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 5.7g||8 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.5g||17 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.2g|
|Cholesterol 7.9mg||2 %|
|Sodium 57.9mg||2 %|
|Potassium 103.1mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 13.8g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||4 %|
|Sugars, other 12.9g|
|Protein 1.1g||2 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 106
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!