1. Melt unsalted butter in a pan. Do not allow to boil. Just enough to melt most of it. Low heat.
2. When butter is partially melted, pour 1 1/4-2 glasses of sugar and evaporated milk in pan.
3. Pour the bag of flour in large bowl, leaving about 1 1/4cup in the bag.
4. Sprinkle about 1 teapoon of salt in flour.
5. Beat 12 eggs
6. Grind Mastexa and Mahlepi separately. Can use a grinder for Mahlepi, not mastexa. Pour into flour.
7. Mix yeast, teaspoon of sugar and cup of warm water. Let it sit in microwave for about
8. When yeast has risen, pour and mix into flour.
9. Add eggs to flour.
10. Pour melted butter, sugar, evaporated milk, little by little, mixing, into flour. It will become dough.
11. Pour the left over flour from pkg. little by little into dough. Use as much as needed to make the dough just right. It depends on how big your eggs were. You should have some flour left over (about a cup)
12. Once dough is just right, break it in half and place in your mixer.
13. Set mixer at #2 speed for about 10 minutes. Pour more flour in mixer as needed.
14. Repeat #13 for second batch of dough.
15. Spray Pam in large bowl and combine doughs. Knead.
16. Cover for about 15 minutes.
17. Spray your pans with Pam.
18. Quick Knead.
19. Roll dough-Braids and small knots. Be careful to not use too much dough because this dough will rise a lot. Should make 9 loaves of braids.
20. Eggwash(a little water in eggs) and brush on top of breads.
21. Place loaves in oven, microwave and let rise for one hour.
22. Sprinkle sesame seeds.
23. Preheat oven 350 degrees.
24. Bake at 325 degrees for about 25 minutes
Make sure yeast goes in first, before eggs.
I use a KitchenAid mixer that will hold up to 2 1/2 pounds of dough.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (6597g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 6509 (38%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 723.3g||964 %|
|Saturated Fat 347.7g||1739 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 222.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 67.6g|
|Cholesterol 13774.8mg||4238 %|
|Sodium 5875.1mg||203 %|
|Potassium 7875.2mg||207 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 2025g||596 %|
|Dietary Fiber 64.2g||257 %|
|Sugars, other 1960.8g|
|Protein 645g||921 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 17271
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!