1. In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook onions until transparent. Add in garlic and half of the coriander, cook until fragrant, about 1 min. Mix in curry powder and turmeric. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Remove from heat. Mix together cooked onions with tuna and add the remaining coriander.
3. Transfer filling to a bowl.
4. Cut spring rolls sheets into thirds (4cm x 20cm). Wrap the spring roll sheets with a damp towel for several minutes or until humid enough to handle it. Too much moisture can break it apart. Be careful!
5. In a small bowl, add flour and enough cold water to reach a "glue" texture.
6. Use two spring roll sheets. Fold one corner and bring it to the opposite side of the strip.
7. Take the other corner and bring it on the opposite side of the strip to form a pocket.
8. Stuff the pocket with a teaspoonful of filling.
9. Apply flour mix on the strip end and fold it to form a triangle.
10. In a pot, heat vegetable or canola oil for deep-frying. Fry samosas until golden brown, about 2 mins.
11. Remove excess oil with a paper towel. Serve.
Take a look of the step-by-step pictures on my blog on how to make samosas perfectly. Here's the link: http://victor-recipe.blogspot.com/2010/10/tuna-samosas.html
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (70g)|
|Recipe Makes: 16 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 5 (6%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.5g||1 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.2g||1 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.2g|
|Cholesterol 18.6mg||6 %|
|Sodium 210.3mg||7 %|
|Potassium 175.4mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 1.1g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 0.9g|
|Protein 16g||23 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 77
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.