1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Gently saute the onion, celery, carrots and potatoes for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add red pepper and garlic and saute for 2 more minutes.
2. Sprinkle flour onto vegetables and stir to blend well. Cook for 2 minutes. Remove pan from the heat and gradually stir in the stock.
3. Return pan to heat and bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Add diced turkey and corn.
4. Add salt, pepper and thyme and continue to simmer for 5-8 minutes or until potatoes are cooked and turkey is piping hot.
5. Stir in cream and adjust seasonings.
6. Serve in warm soup bowls.
Recipe Source: This recipe is provided by the British Turkey Information Service of London, England and photo provided by Canadian Turkey Marketing Agency
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (308g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6|
|Calories from Fat: 81 (33%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 9g||12 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.1g||16 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.7g|
|Cholesterol 60.6mg||19 %|
|Sodium 289mg||10 %|
|Potassium 660.1mg||17 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 22.8g||7 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.6g||10 %|
|Sugars, other 20.2g|
|Protein 17.8g||25 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 244
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.