1. In a shallow glass dish, blend the first 7 marinade ingredients. Add turkey cubes and toss to coat evenly. Cover, refrigerate and marinate 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
2. Soak skewers in water for 30 minutes.
3. Remove turkey from marinade and discard marinade.
4. Blend breadcrumbs and Romano cheese in a shallow dish. Add turkey cubes to cheese mixture and toss until evenly coated.
5. Thread turkey cubes on skewers.
6. Broil or grill over medium heat 4 inches from the heat source for about 8-10 minutes, turning frequently.
7. Meanwhile, melt butter over low heat and stir in lemon juice.
8. Arrange kebabs on platter and drizzle with butter mixture. Garnish with lemon slices and fresh basil.
Recipe Source: This recipe, by Alfred Lester of Wilmington, NC won first place in the 2000 North Carolina Turkey Cooking Contest.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (292g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6|
|Calories from Fat: 276 (32%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 30.6g||41 %|
|Saturated Fat 14.4g||72 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 9.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4.7g|
|Cholesterol 106.7mg||33 %|
|Sodium 2967.9mg||102 %|
|Potassium 622mg||16 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 100.9g||30 %|
|Dietary Fiber 8g||32 %|
|Sugars, other 92.9g|
|Protein 47.6g||68 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 873
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.