1. In 3-quart sauce pan in 1 tablespoon of hot oil over medium heat, lightly brown turkey cubes on all sides in batches (do not crowd pieces as meat will steam instead of brown). Remove to plate.
2. Add remaining tablespoon of oil to pan; stirring constantly, saute rice 2 to 3 mintues. Add onions, sauteing another 2 to 3 minutes; add garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
3. Add turkey cubes, draining as much liquid as possible.
4. Add wine, stirring to scrape up brown bits on bottom of pan; cook until liquid has evaporated and mixture is fairly dry.
5. Add chicken broth; return to boil; cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes, or until mixture is creamy, but rice is al dente. If there is too much liquid left, turn heat to medium high and boil, stirring constantly, to desired creaminess.
6. Remove from heat; stir in Parmesan cheese until melted; gently fold in cooked vegetables; salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Republished with permission, National Turkey Federation
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (329g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6|
|Calories from Fat: 116 (31%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 12.9g||17 %|
|Saturated Fat 5.1g||26 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.2g|
|Cholesterol 61mg||19 %|
|Sodium 1258.8mg||43 %|
|Potassium 463.7mg||12 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 36.9g||11 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.9g||11 %|
|Sugars, other 34.1g|
|Protein 24.9g||36 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 371
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.