1. Line a 9-inch round cake pan with two 24-inch lengths of plastic wrap, using a criss-cross fashion. Cover the entire bottom and sides of the pan; the extra plastic will be used to cover the top when assembled.
2. In a medium saut pan, melt butter and saut garlic until translucent.
3. Meanwhile, dissolve the gelatin in 1/4 cup of the wine. Add the remaining wine to the cooking garlic and simmer for about 3 minutes. Stir in the gelatin mixture until dissolved, add the cream and remove from heat.
4. Place the roasted peppers, basil pesto and turkey breast in three individual bowls. Add 1/2 cup of the wine/cream/gelatin mixture to the peppers, 1/2 cup to the pesto and 1 cup mixture to the turkey. Mix each until smooth.
5. In a large mixing bowl, cream together ricotta cheese, cream cheese and Parmesan cheese. Blend until evenly mixed.
6. Bring the turkey mixture to room temperature then blend it with the cheese mixture.
7. Spread the pepper mixture on the bottom of the pan and refrigerate for 15 minutes to set.
8. Carefully layer 1/2 of the turkey/cheese mixture over the pepper mixture and top with the pesto mixture. Allow to set for 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
9. Top with remaining turkey/cheese mixture, smoothing to top. Wrap well to cover the pan. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
10. To serve, unwrap, place a serving plate over the top of the pan and invert. Remove the plastic wrap and garnish with fresh basil sprigs and red pepper strips.
11. Serve with crackers, baguette slices or pita chips.
12. This recipe serves a larger crowd. For a smaller quantity, cut the recipe in half, and layer the ingredients in a loaf pan or small casserole dish.
Recipe Source: Recipe and photo provided by Jennie-O Turkey Store.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (281g)|
|Recipe Makes: 30|
|Calories from Fat: 805 (89%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 89.4g||119 %|
|Saturated Fat 50.8g||254 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 22.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.7g|
|Cholesterol 287.7mg||89 %|
|Sodium 842.1mg||29 %|
|Potassium 369.5mg||10 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 11g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 10.9g|
|Protein 17.6g||25 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 905
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.