This is from Cuisine at Home magazine. It is an absolute family favorite! I always use leftover grilled chicken for it! Also, instead of putting it in a food processor (was afraid I'd burn myself!), I mix it with one of those really cool Cuisinart hand-held mixers right in the pan on the stove.
1. Heat oil in large saucepan over med-high heat; add onions & garlic, and saute 3 min. Stir in tortilla pcs & saute till they are no longer crisp. Add tomatoes, broth, & spices, & bring to a boil.
2. Remove from heat; let cool 5 min, then puree soup base in batches in a blender or food processor till smooth. Return soup to pot.
3. Add turkey/chix, corn, & cream. Bring to a boil & simmer 5 min., or till beginning to thicken.
4. Reduce heat to med., sprinkle in cheese, and stir till melted. Add lime juice & season with salt & pepper to taste.
5. Serve w/salsa and sour cream.
Black Bean Salsa
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl, tossing well to coat. Chill salsa till ready to serve.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 recipe (3402g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4|
|Calories from Fat: 1420 (38%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 157.7g||210 %|
|Saturated Fat 60.6g||303 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 56.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 27.1g|
|Cholesterol 523mg||161 %|
|Sodium 6207.8mg||214 %|
|Potassium 5405.8mg||142 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 415.9g||122 %|
|Dietary Fiber 79.7g||319 %|
|Sugars, other 336.2g|
|Protein 197.6g||282 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 3768
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.