1. In a non-stick skillet, cook the onion in 1 teaspoon (5 ml) of the butter until tender. Add to the mashed turnip.
2. Beat the egg whites until stiff. Set aside.
3. Beat the egg yolks with the milk. Stir in the flour, baking powder & seasonings. Stir the egg yolk mixture into the mashed turnip. Fold in the beaten egg whites.
4. Turn the mixture into a lightly greased 6 cup (1.5 L) baking dish.
5. Combine the bread crumbs with the remaining 2 teaspoons (10 ml) melted butter. Sprinkle this mixture over the turnip.
6. Bake in a preheated 375ºF (190ºC) oven for about 30 minutes.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (765g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 505 (48%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 56.1g||75 %|
|Saturated Fat 33.2g||166 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 17.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.4g|
|Cholesterol 273.1mg||84 %|
|Sodium 933mg||32 %|
|Potassium 2178.3mg||57 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 86.6g||25 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4 %|
|Sugars, other 85.6g|
|Protein 52.5g||75 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1052
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!