1. Stir yeast and sugar into water. Let stand till foamy and dissolved.
2. Combine unbleached flour, whole wheat flour and salt, if desired, in bowl of food processor fitted with steel blade. Pulse a couple of times to blend.
3. With motor running, pour yeast mixture into processor; process until mixture forms a ball. Mixture will be quite soft. If no ball forms after 1 minute, add flour 2 tablespoons at a time until ball forms.
4. Remove dough from processor, and put on well-floured surface. Knead a few times, until smooth. It will remain quite moist and somewhat sticky.
5. Place dough in oiled bowl, and turn to coat. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in warm place until dough doubles in bulk, about 1 1/2 hours.
6. Punch dough down. Divide into two portions, and form into two 14-inch long loaves on floured baking sheet. Cover with towel, and let rise 30 minutes in warm place, until almost double.
7. Bake 40 minutes at 400 degrees, or until nicely browned and bottom sounds hollow when thumped. Cool on racks. Makes 2 loaves.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Recipe (0g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Recipe|
|Calories from Fat: 0 (NaN%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 0mg||0 %|
|Potassium 0mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 0g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 0g|
|Protein 0g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
BigOven Pro required
Eat healthier with nutrition info.
Calories, carbs, protein, sodium, fiber and more - easily calculate from any recipe.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!