1. Wash and pierce the potatoes with a fork.
2. Bake potatoes in a 425 degree oven for 1 hour. (Place directly on middle oven rack.)
3. Let potatoes cool for 10 minutes or so before slicing in half.
4. Scoop out potato flesh and put the flesh in a large bowl. Place the potato skins on a baking sheet.
5. Mix 4 tablespoons of the butter with the potato flesh until the butter has melted completely.
6. Mix in the milk with the potato mixture, mixing until almost all the lumps are gone. I like using either a large fork or a potato masher.
7. Stir in the blue cheese, 1/2 cup of the parmesan and the apple pieces.
8. Season with pepper to taste.
9. Scoop the cheesy potato mixture into the empty skins until all of the mixture is used up.
10. Top the full potatoes with the remaining 1 1/2 cups parmesan cheese.
11. Dot the potatoes with the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter.
12. Bake in a 375 degree oven on the middle rack for about 40 minutes, or until the potatoes are bubbly and golden brown.
13. Let the potatoes sit a couple of minutes before serving... they will be really hot!
-I love to let some of the parmesan spill over the edges of the potatoes and onto the baking sheet. They turn into crispy, delicious bits of cheese.
-If you want a stronger blue cheese flavor, feel free to use more blue cheese and less parmesan.
-Shaved parmesan works the best in this recipe because of it's hearty texture, but any type of parmesan will work if you cannot find shaved parmesan.
-Caramelized red onion would also be really good in these potatoes.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (303g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 171 (44%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 19g||25 %|
|Saturated Fat 11.9g||60 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.8g|
|Cholesterol 50.9mg||16 %|
|Sodium 464.1mg||16 %|
|Potassium 1009.7mg||27 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 44.4g||13 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.5g||14 %|
|Sugars, other 40.9g|
|Protein 12.3g||18 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 388
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!