1. Wash and pierce the potatoes with a fork.
2. Bake potatoes in a 425 degree oven for 1 hour. (Place directly on middle oven rack.)
3. Let potatoes cool for 10 minutes or so before slicing in half.
4. Scoop out potato flesh and put the flesh in a large bowl. Place the potato skins on a baking sheet.
5. Mix 4 tablespoons of the butter with the potato flesh until the butter has melted completely.
6. Mix in the milk with the potato mixture, mixing until almost all the lumps are gone. I like using either a large fork or a potato masher.
7. Sir in 1 cup of the cheddar, 1/4 cup of the parmesan, the apple pieces and nutmeg
8. Season with pepper to taste.
9. Scoop the cheesy potato mixture into the empty skins until all of the mixture is used up.
10. Top the full potatoes with the remaining 1 1/2 cups cheddar and 1/4 cup parmesan.
11. Dot the potatoes with the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter.
12. Bake in a 375 degree oven on the middle rack for about 40 minutes or until the potatoes are bubbly and golden brown.
13. Let the potatoes sit a couple of minutes before serving... they will be hot!
-Don't worry if some of the cheese meant for topping the potatoes falls onto the baking sheet. The golden cheese crisps that result are quite yummy.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (308g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 166 (42%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 18.4g||25 %|
|Saturated Fat 9.8g||49 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.5g|
|Cholesterol 32.7mg||10 %|
|Sodium 383.2mg||13 %|
|Potassium 959.6mg||25 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 50.9g||15 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.5g||18 %|
|Sugars, other 46.4g|
|Protein 7.3g||10 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 393
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!