Try this Twice Baked Butternut Squash recipe, or contribute your own.Suggest a better description
1. Heat oven to 450 degrees with the rack in center.
2. Halve squash lengthwise, and remove seeds and fibers. Sprinkle squash halves with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
3. Fill a roasting pan with 1/4 inch water. Place squash in pan. Cover with aluminum foil, and bake until squash is tender when pierced with the tip of a knife, 35 to 45 minutes.
4. Remove from oven, transfer squash to a cool surface, and let cool enough to handle. Reduce oven temperature to 425 degrees.
5. Use a spoon to scoop baked flesh out of each half into a large bowl, leaving a 1/4-inch border around six of the halves so they will keep their shape.
6. To the bowl, add sour cream, paprika, chives, and remaining teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Mix with a handheld electric mixer or potato masher until smooth and well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Fill six squash halves with mixture (discard remaining six empty halves). Sprinkle tops with toasted breadcrumbs. Bake until golden brown and warm throughout, 20 to 30 minutes. Serve.
Instead of sour cream...brown sugar and cinnamon?
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (9806g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 384 (7%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 42.6g||57 %|
|Saturated Fat 16g||80 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 8.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 11.6g|
|Cholesterol 47.6mg||15 %|
|Sodium 5327.7mg||184 %|
|Potassium 34163.8mg||899 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 1302g||383 %|
|Dietary Fiber 206.5g||826 %|
|Sugars, other 1095.5g|
|Protein 137.4g||196 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 5506
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.