Try this Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes recipe, or contribute your own.Suggest a better description
1) Preheat oven at 450° F
2) Prick holes in sweet potatoes with a fork then bake until tender, roughly 45 minutes.
3) Reduce oven temp to 375° F
4) Once potatoes have cooled enough to handle, cut them in half, scoop out flesh with a spoon trying to keep skins intact.
5) Heat a medium sauté pan over medium heat with olive oil. Add shallots and sauté until translucent, 5-6 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon sage and sauté until fragrant, 1-2 minutes.
6) Remove shallot mixture from heat and place in the bowl of a food processor. Add cottage cheese, salt, and pepper then puree until smooth.
7) Combine shallot mixture and sweet potato mixture in a large bowl and mash with hand masher until smooth.
8) Spoon mixture back into skins, sprinkle with pecans and remaining sage.
9) Bake in oven (375° F) until hot and pecans are toasted, about 20 minutes.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1585g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 253 (17%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 28.1g||37 %|
|Saturated Fat 5.1g||25 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 12.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 6.4g|
|Cholesterol 30.1mg||9 %|
|Sodium 1592.6mg||55 %|
|Potassium 4619.8mg||122 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 262g||77 %|
|Dietary Fiber 35.1g||140 %|
|Sugars, other 226.9g|
|Protein 60.2g||86 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1506
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.