1. Cut and prepare all vegetables.
2. Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat.
3. Add bell peppers and saute until they start to soften, about 3 minutes.
4. Add garlic, onions, mushrooms, Mexican seasoning, salt and pepper.
5. Saute vegetables until they are fully cooked, about 5 minutes. Take vegetables off of heat and put into a bowl.
6. Add more oil to the skillet and let it heat up.
7. Scoop half of the vegetable mixture and half of the avocado cubes onto a tortilla.
8. Sprinkle half of the cheese, 1/4 of the cilantro, and 1/4 of the lemon juice over the tortilla with the mixture.
9. Take another tortilla and while holding onto a corner, carefully rub it around the skillet to soak up some of the oil. Then place the tortilla (oil side up) onto the tortilla with the mixture.
10. Using a large spatula, slide the quesadilla onto the heated skillet and cook on each side until each tortilla is golden-brown, about 3 minutes.
11. While the first quesadilla is cooking, prepare the second one by following steps 6-9.
12. After the quesadillas are taken care of, prepare garnish by mixing diced tomato, 1/2 of the cilantro, and 1/2 of the lemon juice into a bowl.
13. Sprinkle half of the garnish over each quesadilla, cut, serve, and enjoy.
Makes 2 filling quesadillas. Make the vegetable mixture a day ahead of time and leave in fridge to let flavors marinade.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (279g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 184 (65%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 20.5g||27 %|
|Saturated Fat 8.3g||42 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 9.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.5g|
|Cholesterol 34.7mg||11 %|
|Sodium 263.5mg||9 %|
|Potassium 641.3mg||17 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 17.9g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 6.9g||27 %|
|Sugars, other 11g|
|Protein 11.5g||16 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 281
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.