1. In a large bowl, combine flour and salt; ;cut in shortening and butter until crumbly. Gradually add orange juice, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Divide dough into two balls. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.2. Line a 9-in deep-dish pie plate with heavy-dut foil, leaving 1 1/2 in. beyond edge; coat the foil with cooking spray. Combine 4 tbsp. butter, brown sugar and pecans; spoon into prepared pie plate.
3. In a large bowl, combine apples, sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and remaining butter; toss gently.
4. On waxed paper, roll out one ball of pastry to fit pie plate. Place pastry over nut mixture, pressing firmly against misture and sides of plate; trim to 1 in. beyond plate edge. Fill with apple mixture.
5. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; place over filling. Trim to 1/4 in. beyond plate edge. Fold bottom pastry over top pastry; seal and flute edges. Cut four 1-in. slits in top pastry.
6. Bake at 375 for 50-55 minutes or until apples are tender and crust is golden brown (cover edges with foil during the last 30 minutes to prevent over browning if necessary).
&. Cool for 15 minutes on a wire rack. Invert onto a serving platter, carefully remove foil. Combine glaze ingredients, drizzle over pie.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (239g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 211 (36%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 23.4g||31 %|
|Saturated Fat 10.4g||52 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 8.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.8g|
|Cholesterol 34.1mg||10 %|
|Sodium 108.5mg||4 %|
|Potassium 211.5mg||6 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 93.8g||28 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.8g||19 %|
|Sugars, other 89g|
|Protein 4.9g||7 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 588
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!