1. Combine cornstarch and confectioners’ sugar in a medium-sized bowl. Coat the marshmallow pan with a light layer of cooking spray, then generously dust the bottom and sides with the cornstarch/confectioners’ sugar mixture. Set the pan and remaining cornstarch/confectioners’ sugar mixture aside for later use.
2. Pour three packets of gelatin and 3/4 cup cold water into your stand mixer bowl. Use a spatula to combine. Set aside.
3. Combine sugar, water, honey and corn syrup in medium saucepan. Using a spatula, stir the mixture to combine the ingredients. Cook the sugar mixture on high heat to 245°F. Do not stir the mixture while it is heating. NOTE: the mixture will foam and bubble, this is normal.
4. When the sugar mixture reaches 245°F, remove from heat, and pour directly onto the gelatin in the stand mixer bowl. Use a spatula to scrape the sides and mix with the bloomed gelatin.
5. Using the whisk attachment whip on high speed until white soft peaks are reached, about 5-7 minutes. Reduce speed to low and add vanilla extract, return to high for 30 seconds.
6. Remove the bowl from the mixer and pour the marshmallows into the prepared pan. Use a spatula to spread, smooth and level the marshmallows.
7. Lightly dust the top with cornstarch/confectioners’ sugar mixture. Allow the marshmallows to set uncovered at room temperature for at least an hour.
8. Before removing the marshmallows, brush off any excess cornstarch/confectioners’ off the top of the marshmallows.
9. Remove from pan and cut into desired shapes.
10. Roll the cut marshmallows in cornstarch/confectioners’ sugar mixture to prevent the marshmallows from sticking to each other.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (46g)|
|Recipe Makes: 16 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 0 (0%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 1752.8mg||60 %|
|Potassium 3.6mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 18.4g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 18.4g|
|Protein 0g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Calories per serving: 72